Designing and implementing acculturation strategies in Canadian newcomer integration programs
Programs to increase employment prospects and job retention
This Project is a partnership between GBC and CultureLink. The main purpose is to contribute to capacity of settlement organizations and job training centers to effectively and efficiently bring newcomers into the workforce.
Major objectives include:
- Identify, observe, and gather information on the existing Canadian newcomer acculturation and integration programs.
- Analyze the impact of an existing Canadian newcomer acculturation and integration CultureLink program on the employment opportunities of the newcomers.
- Develop a framework, create a program from the framework, pilot the program and assess the viability of the program for acculturating Canadian newcomers within the context of their host cities.
- Develop and recommend a series of tools to support the updating or building of new Canadian newcomer acculturation and integration programs by settlement organizations, colleges and universities, and private organizations.
- Robin Yap
- Business/Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Social Innovation Exchange